About Me

My photo
My name is Angelina and until March of 2014, I was a horrible eater. I had little to no self control when it came to fast food, soft drinks, red bull, candy, anything! So, diets and weight loss programs didn't work. I couldn't stick to them. It wasn't until I decided to do the Advocare 24 Day Challenge that I saw how the disgusting, horrible food I was eating made me look and feel. I chose to change my life and take back my body.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Crockpot Mexican Pulled Chicken

4 Large Bone-In Chicken Breasts
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
Cumin
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper

Season chicken breasts with cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt & pepper.  Place in the bottom of crockpot.  Chop red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow onion & garlic.  Cover chicken breasts with pepper/onion/garlic mixture.  Add water to cover chicken breasts.  Float 2 tbsp. each of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper in water.  Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.  Remove and pull chicken off of bones and add shredded chicken to crockpot for another hour.  Serve with romaine leaves as a lettuce wrap, or with low carb tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment